Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today’s Lesson

Today I learned that…

I seriously cannot be left alone in the kitchen. I tend to burn stuff when I do.

CASE IN POINT 1: Just now. My mom left to go get my sister’s glasses from the shop. She told me to fry the rest of the sukun she was frying. So I did. But that was the problem. I only tended the frying pan with the sukun and ignored the other two pots on the stove. Long story short, it started smelling weird and getting smoky when I realized that the stuff in both pots had totally burned.

CASE IN POINT 2: About 6 months ago maybe, I can’t remember. My parents had to go out of town for a few days. So my mom made her famous Soto Madura for us to last the whole time she was gone. She told my sister, Kenit, to heat the whole huge pot of soto soup. My sister, in turn, told me to do it. BIG MISTAKE! I heated it up and FELL ASLEEP. Yes, the amazing sleeper actually fell asleep while cooking (well, cooking, in a manner of speaking). When I woke up, the house was full of smoke, and the huge pot of soto soup – gone. Just like that. There was nothing left in the pot except some grimy black residue. Suffice to say, we ended up eating rice with fried eggs until our parents got back.

Note to Self: Never heat up stuff on the stove. Get a microwave.

No comments: