Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh my! Mr Darcy!

prideandprejudiceposter

Finally got around to watching Pride and Prejudice. How have I not seen it before? How have I not read it before? It’s brilliant! I was squealing throughout most of the movie. Haha. I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve experienced a good romance – on screen AND in real life.

darcy_large

And Mr Darcy! My goodness! I fell in love with him as soon as he appeared. Reserved, aloof and awkward with the ladies. LOL. So endearing! And he totally defied his family (his aunt) in choosing to be with Elizabeth Bennett. Wish more Malay guys would have some backbone like that. And they wonder why I haven’t dated a Malay guy in a long time. Pfft!

pride_and_prejudice_-_kissing

Will definitely get the book as soon as I can. It will go into my collection of books of which I live vicariously through. A girl needs some romance in her life. And if she doesn’t have any, she can always turn to her books to assure her that true love does exist :)

P/S The handsome Mr. Darcy is played by Matthew Macfadyen.

No comments: