Friday, August 22, 2008

I Ran Over a PREGNANT WOMAN!

Okay, so that was a complete big exaggeration. I did not run over a pregnant woman. But I did hit a pregnant woman with my car. Damn, that just made it sound worse than it actually was. Never mind. I'll start from the beginning...

So, it was 10am on Thursday. I was late for class. To make matters worse, it was raining and my car was parked all the way over on the other end of the road. I got into my car, looked at my rear view mirror and backed out slowly. Then I heard a dull thud. I thought I'd hit a rock or something. I even checked my rear view mirror again, but there wasn't anything, so I just assumed it was a rock. I kept on backing out.

When my car was out of the parking spot, I looked forward and saw a man and a woman on the ground, their motorbike on its side. I got out of the car and said (yes, I actually said this), "Did I hit you?" and the man was like "Yes, you hit us!" Apparently the back (or side) of my car Then he started panicking and I saw that his wife was pregnant. And not just pregnant. Turned out she was 7 months pregnant .. with TWINS! So I told the guy to carry his wife to my car and I drove them to the hospital.

Ended up waiting at the hospital for a looooong time. The man was really nice. He wasn't even mad at me. He said that he was only thinking of the well-being of his wife and babies. I left the hospital around 4pm. The man said I didn't have to wait and that he'd call me and let me know if something came up. He did call later that night and said everything's fine and that his wife would be discharged the next day.

Me? I'm just thankful nothing worse had happened.

So yeah, Thursday sucked big time because:

  1. I got into a little accident involving my car, a motorcycle, a man, and a woman who was 7 months pregnant with twins. I said little coz I was going real slow, and my car and the guy's motorcycle wasn't dented or anything. They just fell off.
  2. THE Ex didn't bother coming to my rescue and I had to get help from my Yummy Friend who had to skip his class to come help me out.
  3. Had to go to the police station to report the accident and was forced to write down my statement in MALAY! It was horrible!
  4. Saw a turtle that had been ran over in the middle of the road. There was blood and turtle guts. That made me cry.
  5. Had to say goodbye to THE Ex..

No comments: