Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rape Has Nothing To Do With How Women Dress

An idiot has made an idiotic statement on how the way a woman dresses affects the probability of her getting raped or not.

Thankfully, someone had a good response for it.

A guy in my uni class once did a presentation concerning the issue of rape. And he brought forth the theory that rapists are more likely to rape women with long hair. At that point, EVERY girl in the class turned to look at me. Why? Because I have long hair and I was the only one in the class who wasn’t wearing a headscarf. It got me annoyed and I retorted with “Almost all the rape victims reported in the news are women wearing headscarves. So you guys should be the ones worried, not me.”

Hasn’t anyone noticed that rape victims in Malaysia are mostly women who wear headscarves? So, that proves that what women wear has nothing to do with whether she is more likely to get raped or not. If it does, well, then, people should stop wearing headscarves since women wearing headscarves seem to be the most targetted group for rapists in Malaysia. If anyone didn’t get the tone, that was me being sarcastic. It still amazes me how ridiculously dumb and ignorant some people are.

No comments: